Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) Waseela e Taleem Program
Rural Support Program Network (RSPN)
Kashmore -Kandhkot and Jacobabad.
SRSO entered into a partnership with RSPN for the implementation of conditional cash transfer (CCT) programme ‘Waseela e Taleem (WeT,)in Kashmore and Jacobabad , districts of Sindh (clustor 2) , initiated by Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) .
- BISP Waseela e Taleem was initiated to financially support the primary education of 4 to 12 years old children of BISP beneficiary families for their enrolments in local schools and retention.
Upon completion of 70 percent attendance by registered children in schools, the BISP beneficiary families will receive cash assistance of Rs. 750 per child per quarter.
- The payments will be made after quarterly verification of each child’s minimum attendance. This conditional cash transfer will continue till the child completes his/her primary education.
- key components of the WeT programme;
- Micro Supply Capacity Assessment (MSCA) of Schools. Under this component the list of available schools in a particular vicinity or locality enabling both BISP and parents to agree on selection of a most suitable school for a child’s admission.
- Social Mobilization:
BISP Beneficiary Committees (BBCs) will be formed through mobilisation of beneficiary families. Objective of this activity is to register beneficiary families with the programme and motivate mothers to send their children to schools instead of engaging them in labour.
On average 15 BBCs will be fostered into one cluster. It will have membership from BBCs, where each BBC will nominate its representatives for the cluster. Cluster members will discuss issues of BBC members in their regular meetings and directly communicate them to BISP for support.
- Admission and attendance compliance:
Child enrolment will be done by digitally using android tablets having exclusive compliance application with indicators for the collection of attendance data. Funds will be transferred to the beneficiary families on 70 percent attendance compliance.
- Payment/ Cash Transfer